Saturday, January 17, 2009

When in Rome, don't do what stupid sorority girls would do...

First off, Miya and I are extremely upset that no one has been commenting on our blogs. It's quite sad. haha

So the apartment is probably noisier than living in Sigma Chi during Beach or Ice Age. My room (Jason's room) is in the living room. The kitchen is 8 paces away from me, there's a balcony that overlooks the highly congested street where there is a cacophony of honking, loud mopeds, and street construction which is right under my balcony. The walls are extremely thin and the drunken retardedness of sorority girls and drunk dudes stumble and scream/laugh themselves up the flight of stairs where they fumble for their keys and trying to get into their rooms for 20 minutes. Then they blast Britney Spears' new album. This, of course, all happens at 3 in the morning. Once things quiet down a bit, and I'm able to go back to sleep, one of my roommates would burst in the door and stagger his way into his room. this is at 4. One night, one of my roommates was sleeping already, the other came in at 4 in the morning, went to sleep, and then the OTHER roommate woke up left and came back an hour later. 

what the hell is going on? 

There are some really stupid people here. Some girl tried to climb the Trevi Fountain, which is highly disrespectful. Another girl asked where there is a Verizon store, which is, from what I remembered, an AMERICAN CELLPHONE COMPANY. Idiots. Then there were these groups of girls that were asking where they can buy Prada, Gucci, and all the other Beverly Hills type things, but just more expensive. 

There's this saying that everyone says: "When in Rome, do what the Romans do". Some of these Americans are completely incompetent and all they want to do is get wasted in bars, climb sacred fountains, and ask stupid questions. If I picked up all the dog poop on the streets, blended it in the blender with sewage and had someone drink it and barf it up, that barf is still more important than the attitudes/behavior of these idiots. It's ironic that me being an American I should be proud of my nationality and be proud to represent my country, but I'm so embarrassed to be around them. If some Italian came up to me asked me where I came from, I would most likely say I'm from Canada. Or North Korea.

Miya and I mostly hang out with 1-2 other people, and not form huge 20-30 groups of loud obnoxious Americans. It's disgusting. 

Anyways, we're both having a blast. Miya reserved a really nice hotel for one night in honor of my 21st birthday and we stayed near the Circus Maximus and the Colosseum. We had this really delicious lunch at a place called "Cafe Cafe" and we ordered a salad, two plates of panini, and venison meatballs with rice and curry. One of the best meals yet. We visited the Colosseum and it was magnificent. 

Oh, we are also currently making friends with the owner and workers at this pastry shop down the road from our apartment. They are really nice to us and they already know what we want to drink (cafe latte, no chocolate or cream). Hopefully we can finally introduce ourselves and know each other by a first-name-basis. 

Tomorrow is my 21st birthday, and we're going to an all-day excursion to northern Rome. It's an ancient place and we will get to explore and have a traditional 4-hour lunch. I think it will be a very special and unique 21st birthday, obviously not an American 21st bday. But maybe when we come back at night, things will be different. 

Hope to hear some comments soon! 

8 comments:

Matt88 said...

Wooo first comments! Yes! Sounds awesome, except for the whole sleeping thing. Crazy roommates. Sounds like shit drunk Kawika would do hahahahaha.

Shanti Blees said...

The Cafe Cafe! I had lunch there before; sort of overlooking the colosseum, right? Glad to hear Rome is as enchanting as ever. Happy Birthday, btw, and write us a letter or two so we can all hear about the crazy stuff.

Best wishes,
-S

valerienicole said...

Have a wonderful 21st today or tomorrow or whatever day it is there!!!! :)

yyayyyyyy!!! 21!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Or, rather, to rephrase the title--don't do WHOM stupid sorority girls would do.

Anonymous said...

I gο to sеe each day a few web ѕiteѕ аnd blоgѕ
to read artiсles, excерt this blοg pгοvidеs quality based articleѕ.



mу web blog ... altec bucket truck
my webpage > utility trucks

Anonymous said...

Hello! I unԁеrstand thiѕ is κind of off-topic
howеver I had to asκ. Does running a well-establishеd website lіke
yours гequire a massive amоunt ωork?

I am complеtеly new to writing a blоg but I ԁo wrіte іn my journal ԁaily.
Ӏ'd like to start a blog so I can easily share my personal experience and feelings online. Please let me know if you have any kind of suggestions or tips for new aspiring blog owners. Thankyou!

http://www.dfw-taxicab.com/about-us/
My weblog :: irving tx taxicab company

Anonymous said...

Whеn I initially left a comment I seem to have clickeԁ on the
-Notify mе whеn new comments are аdded- checkbοx and from now on eаch
time а comment is аԁԁed I геceive fоur еmails ωіth the samе cοmment.
Iѕ there an easy methοԁ you can rеmove mе from thаt serviсe?
Kudoѕ!

Look intο my homeρagе ...

Euless tx taxi

Anonymous said...

In case you are incredibly responsive to weed pollens, there exists a good chance that you may possibly also be responsive to food items. Taking in melons, bananas and chamomile may possibly go across-react with weed pollens, causing a prickling, burning up or scratchy feeling within the mouth and neck. Approach these foods with extreme caution. [url=http://www.ss12w12ws.info]Philan4335d[/url]