Wednesday, January 21, 2009

RIP- Uncle Eric


-Jason-
My uncle passed away yesterday. It was an unexpected death, and my family and I are really sad. It is my mom's older brother. He was about 50 something, but he died a peaceful and painless death, for he passed away in his sleep. When I heard about this via e-mail from my dad, one of my first reactions was this:
"The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; 
    may the name of the Lord be praised." Job 1:21

In other words, I thank God that he has blessed me with a life, and all of the things that he has given me: parents, friends, necessities, luxuries, intelligence, physical abilities, and so on. But I guess the most important gift that He has given me is the power of love. I will also rejoice when it is my time to go too. I cannot wait to go chill with the Big Guy, perhaps hang out sip pina colada and eat bon-bons for eternity. :-P 

Death is just another phase in God's will. Unfortunately, I do not think that I will see him in the next life, but my thoughts are with him, and he will always be a figure in my life. May you rest in peace, Uncle Eric. 

This year has been a trying year for me. Last semester I've heard bad news of the passing away of loved ones more than 7-8 times, including my grandfather, my best friend's mother, my god-family's grandfather, and now my uncle. I remember one of my Sigma Chi brothers saying "when it rains, it pours". I guess thats just how it goes. 

Please send your prayers to my mother and her parents. It's not easy to lose a brother, at that a son. 

As for me, I'm hanging in there. Miya's been keeping care of me and the shenanigans of everyday Rome has been keeping me occupied. But I wish I could be there for my mom.

1 comment:

Jeff Hsu said...

Well be praying for you and your mom