Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Its gonna top all frat parties

TOMORROW will be the beginning of an escapade of the greatest orgy ever. An orgy of masks, loud music, feathers, balloons, make-up, screaming, alcohol, and confetti. I am, of course, talking about Carnivale in Venice. I don't really know what to expect, but I will try to remember as much as I can with whatever state or condition my mind and soul will be in. Im sure my pictures will remind me of what I did. 

Last weekend I went to a class fieldtrip to some ancient greek and roman cities. Some include Pompeii WHICH WAS FLIPPIN AMAZING. It was so wonderful. Cumae, the city name itself is funny because of how inappropriate I am, but it also based off of the Iliad. So that was tight. Supposedly the entrance of the underworld is in this city, for the water of the lake was black because of volcanic soot/rocks/sand and it is said that a Sybil of Apollo lived in a mysterious cave. Another Ancient Greek city, Paestum, has one of the most preserved Greek ancient temples, and it was SO amazing. The temples were so big that one would feel very insignificant approaching it. 

The fieldtrip was described by my professor as a "Nazi death march", but it wasn't as bad. It was tiring, but it wasn't extremely draining. The worst part was having to march places take detailed notes about a site, and not have enough time to take pictures, but I managed to sneak some in. pics on flickr soon! 

I still can't believe I'm in Rome and doing some high-class tourism stuff.

No comments: